Wednesday 8 June 2011

The awkward 2nd post!

OK, so I've taken the first (baby)step and written my first blog post introducing myself...so what do I write now?!

Well, I guess the thing that springs to mind is to tell you more about my crafty baby (and baby is about right - it seems to be taking up just as much time as my real babies -ha!), Two for Tea Creations.
My first clothing makes!

As I said in my first post, I kind of fell into sewing as a business - it was really still a fairly new hobby to me when I was first asked to make something for someone else.  Since then, I've been learning as I go along, gaining confidence with each positive comment from customers and trying more and more ambitious designs.

My first custom order!
After dabbling in a few different items, I've discovered that my true passion lies in making clothing rather than blankets etc. - I'd love to be a quilter, but I think I need the quick kick I get out of seeing a dress or a romper take form as soon as the first few pieces are stitched together, rather than the slow burn of piecing together a quilt bit by bit!
The thing I'm loving the most at the moment is brainstorming new ideas and trying out more complicated designs - there is nothing so satisfying as holding something in your hands (or even better, seeing it on a small person!) that had previously just been a vague idea wafting around your head!

The result of a brain-storm!
My main problem these days though is trying to create the time to try out these ideas whilst still working through my custom orders waiting list!  I am in no way complaining though - I wouldn't even be writing this blog if it wasn't for the lovely people who are willing to put their trust in me to make their little ones something special!

So, what's in the future for Two for Tea?  Well, my next goal is to start creating collections of ready-to-wear clothes alongside the custom work.  I feel like it'd be the ideal way to really get in touch with my creative side and (hopefully) produce some really special items that are uniquely "Two for Tea"!  Beyond that, I truly and desperately want *need* to quit my "real job" and go full-time with my budding wee business - I have all my fingers and toes crossed that each day, hour and minute spent sewing and improving and building up my customer base is another step forward to achieving that goal!
Latest design

I'm hoping this blog will be a great way to chart my progress and focus my often very flighty mind into really being the best I can be.

Thanks for reading this far - as you will see, verbal continence is not my biggest strength! x

1 comment:

  1. You are very talented. I adore the little dresses you make. They are adorable x

    ReplyDelete