Tuesday 7 June 2011

Dipping a toe in...

Well, this is my first ever blog post so I guess it'd be a good idea to start at the beginning and tell you a bit about who I am and why I'm here…


My name is Hannah, I am fast approaching 30 and I am the very lucky winner of fruitbat twin girlies Ivy and Lily who are 14 months old and whose favourite hobbies include hiding in boxes, playing with pretty ribbon and shouting "cat" at inanimate objects - the twins I mean, not me!  

 I am married to a tall, dark and handsome Frenchman called Albin, a semi-professional photographer and all-round rock.  We live in a leafy-ish area of Glasgow, that is not noted for too many stabbings or heart attacks.

Although I have always loved to be creative, dabbling particuarly in graphic and web design here and there, it was only while on maternity leave from my not-in-the-slightest-bit-creative office job that I bought my first sewing machine and discovered an inherited but previously dormant passion for sewing.



After starting with a few basic items such as hats and bags, I dropped myself in the deep end by agreeing to make some personalised Christmas stockings for people.  Through the wonder that is Facebook, that somehow developed into making children's clothes for friends and friends of friends and before long, Two for Tea Creations was born!


So in the space of 6 months, I have somehow gone from complete sewing novice to having a blooming wee custom clothing business with a 6-week waiting list and 600 fans and rising - I keep having to pinch myself!  With a bit of luck and hard work, I'm hoping that it'll start paying enough bills to get out of the office for good and firmly behind the sewing machine where I really feel like me!


So, what do I hope to achieve from a blog?  Good question!  Well, for a start remembering to update it regularly would be a good thing, although judging by the countless diaries I had as a child that never got much beyond 2nd January, that might not be as easy as I'm hoping!  

Really, I would like this to be a mix of posts relating to Two for Tea, sewing & crafting in general (maybe a few tutorials here and there) and my rambling reflections on meandering through life as a twin crafty mummy in business.  


If that sounds like your bag, then do stick around and make yourself a cuppa and I look forward to getting to know you too!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, looks great so far. Your girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your girls are beautiful and I love their flower names :-) Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts and seeing some of your crafts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely to see you blogging. I'm sure you'll have plenty to blog about Xx

    ReplyDelete