Sunday 12 June 2011

Inspiration station

Well, as anyone who has been following Two for Tea for a while will know, it is my plan to start making collections of limited edition, ready-to-wear clothes alongside continuing with a certain amount of custom orders.

Unfortunately, for one reason or another, it's taking me longer to get to that point than I originally thought, but that hasn't stopped me brainstorming like crazy!

In my mind's eye when I think of this first collection, I see a row of pretty but practical dresses and rompers on a washing line.  Each in a gorgeous nostalgic check print and each with an individual hand-embellished applique.

The working title for this collection is Picnic Princess, but I'm not 100% sold on it - I tend to avoid the term "princess" in relation to little girls - there is enough of the pink fluffy tat out there pushing the princess ideal.  Anyone got any ideas for me?

Anyway, here is the visual representation of my brainstorm - an eclectic mix as usual!  Feel free to leave feedback...

No comments:

Post a Comment