Sunday 12 June 2011

Thank Crunchie for Facebook!

So, I was chatting to my aunt who I've not seen in a while the other day and filling her in on what I've been doing with Two for Tea, and it struck me that had I tried to start a sewing business even just 2 or 3 years ago, there is no way on earth I could have made it a going concern in such a short space of time.  In fact, I'm not sure I would have started a business at all, had it not been for Facebook.

Whilst I have many a grievance with Facebook for varying reasons, I just can't deny that I owe it a hell of a large drink for providing me with the perfect platform to turn a low-key hobby into a budding business.

Facebook is just so interactive - I love being able to engage with my lovely "likers", share ideas and photos, get feedback, chat, see their joy at receiving their special orders, network with other businesses, run competitions and, dare I say it, even make friends! 

Seeing so many other small, crafty business spring up all the time, I just can't help but marvel how these days, all you need is an idea, a bit of determination and elbow grease and a few happy customers, and before you know it with a bit of turbo-charged word of mouth marketing, you actually have a business!

So, thank you Facebook - I couldn't do it without you kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment